To win at Blackjack, you should be a little lucky, and a little skilful.
The Blackjack Strategy’s aim, is to minimize the casino advantage.
The theories of Mathematicians and Statitians were developed in the 60s and 70s, simulating millions of hands of blackjack. Is in this analysis in which is based the “Basic Blackjack Strategy”.
When favourable and gets paid 3:2 for blackjack, the player may double down or split. The rule for the dealer, is to stand on 17 and above, so cannot double down or split.
If the dealer’s face up card is a 3 to 6, he has more than a 35% chance of busting. So, if you have a total of 13, 14, 15 or 16, you should stand as the dealer has a good chance of busting, as do you, but you can choose not to hit, and the dealer must hit.
If the dealer has a 7 to 10 or Ace, you should take another card, because the dealer’s face down card could be a 10 and he will beat you.
There are some variables to keep in mind, because have effect on the correct strategy and alter the house’s advantage:
- Haw many Decks are used?
- Hoy many times is allowed splitting pairs?
- If the dealer must stand on a hand of an Ace and a 6 (a soft 17)
- Is surrender allowed.?
- Is dobling down allowed?… after a split/
- Stand on 17 or better.
- Hit on 8 or less.
- Hit on 12-16 when dealer shows 7 or higher.
- Double down on 11.
- Double down on 9 when dealer shows 6 or lower.
- Double down on 10 when the dealer shows 9 or lower.
- Stand on soft 19 and 20.
- Split aces and 8's.
- Double down on soft 13-18 when dealer shows 4,5, or 6.
- Split 3's and 2's when the dealer shows 4,5,6, or 7.
- Never split 10-face cards and 5's.